Take Safety Home!
September 23 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Since this year topic for Imerys Safety Day is “Mobile Equipment and Pedestrian Safety”, we have planned to follow the same topic but this time for the employees’ children as well as for children from “SOS Children Village” at Vari. (NGO protecting interests and rights of children).
Road Safety Educational Programs are scheduled for children, aged 6-17 years old and are designed by Traffic Safety experts (Pedagogues and Traffic Engineers). These programs will include the following initiatives:
- Pedestrians Educational Programs “Be a Knight of Road Safety” and “In Traffic with Safety” for children 6-8 years old.
- Bike Educational Program “Cycling Safely” for children 9-12 years old, designed in cooperation with the Deusche VerkesWacht (German Road Safety Organisation)
- Traffic Educational Program “Do it Right” for teenagers. Each teenager will have the opportunity to experience:
- the sense of risk and the importance of seatbelt during collision (Belt sledge simulator)
- the risk of driving under the influence of alcohol (Alco goggles)